Tuesday, March 15, 2011

spring/summer reading list





While in Stillwater last week I picked up and splurged on a bunch of great reads. I'm currently in the middle of "Them" by Joyce Carol Oates and am loving it to death. She's such an intense dramatic reader and haven't been able to put it down, I've been technically reading "Blonde" since last summer her novel based on Marilyn Monroe and it's just been a little hard for me to get into. I also picked up "Just Kids" by Patti Smith because I adore her and we were discussing her and Robert Mapplethorpe in my history of photography class so how could I not get that? And then A Single Man because I loved the movie it was gorgeous, and I have a weird thing that if I read a book I need to see the movie and vice versa. And last but not least "The Best American Nonrequired Reading" which the first 10 pages made me laugh so I needed to whole book to keep me company this summer. And on top of schoolwork and magazines, and other neglected books on my shelf this is what i'll be reading this spring/summer. Any other recommendations out there?

1 comment:

  1. I got Just Kids for Christmas, I'm excited to read it too!

    ReplyDelete